The Department of Physics and Astronomy has a variety of facilities to meet the academic needs of students, faculty, and staff. These facilities include a student nerd lab, a light board multi-purpose studio, teaching laboratories, research laboratories, and observatories. The Department also shares a machine shop and a MakerSpace with other departments at Sonoma State.
Course Related Facilities
- Lightboard Multi-Purpose Studio
- Teaching Laboratories
- Student Nerd Lab
- Student Lounge, where SPS leaders can meet, or students can use this room to study, work with a tutor, or tackle their latest assignments in a study group.
The Physics and Astronomy faculty are actively engaged in a variety of STEM education and research areas, each of which has a dedicated lab space.
- Adaptive Optics Laboratory
- Advanced Imaging Laboratory
- Campus Observatory for Teaching and Public Viewing
- CubeSat Laboratory
- EdEon STEM Learning Center (Schulz)
- Fiber Optics Laboratory
- GLAST Optical Robotic Telescope (GORT)
- Quantum Gravity Research Space
Following are facilities that the Department shares with other departments in the School of Science and Technology.